A tank-less water heating system has got popularity not long ago. They have been a new concept, and many people are now acknowledging it, and are ready to buy this product, as it pleases them. Well, a tankless water heater, as the name suggests, it heats water on-demand and provides you with the hot water. These systems exclude the heavy water tanks and are physically sleek, and require less space. Apart from the already mentioned benefits, there are many more things that you can know about this heating system.
Different Types of Tankless Water Heating System
As this concept of water heating system is new, the generations of tankless water heating systems are very limited. In particular, there are three types of tankless water heating systems, which are explained below.
- Non-Condensing – Non-Condensing is the first generation, that is, the first-ever tankless water heater system which was made. Condensing water heaters use the heat exchanger to heat the water when it is demanded. As it is the very first generation, this can reach the Efficiency Factor (EF) to .82-.85. (EF suggests the performance rate of any product).
Moreover, as condensing uses the primary heating source, the exhaust from the hot water does not have any venting process. So installing a stainless steel venting is vital for this. However, including all the installation, this is proven to be energy efficient and useful for your on-demand hot water.
- Condensing – As these are the second generation of this heating system, they are advanced than the non-condensing systems. Condensing systems use both heating methods. Explicitly, when they use the first heating source, and the exhaust of the water is exhumed, the condensing system stores the exhaust and re-uses it. This saves double the energy, and the EF of the same is even higher, which is 92-94%. And importantly, this heater system vents its own exhaust and does not require extra stainless steel venting units.
- Condensing Hybrid – Condensing hybrid is the latest type. Condensing hybrid is the third generation tankless water heater system. This third-generation system has 1-2 litres of capacity to contain the water for your shorter water draws. Shorter water draws may include a hand wash, face wash, and more.
While other tankless water heater system of the first and second generation, fail to provide the water for your short draws, the third generation has addressed the same. It has solved the problem by having a 1-2 litre of hot water storage. Due to its most efficient performance, its EF is 94-96%. Well, that’s great!
NOTE – Making a suggestion here. As this third-generation technology is new, the small industries are manufacturing it. So, before buying the latest one, make sure you buy it from a reliable company; you get the guarantee or warranty and see that the service for third-generation tankless water heater repair and installation are available.
How Does A Tankless Water Heating System Work?
It is a question that comes in the minds of many, that when a water heating system does not has that bulky tank, how does it works and releases water on-demand. However, as this is the question wondering many, let’s read how does this tankless water heating system work.
This heating system uses electrical energy to heat the water. So, when you turn on your tap, the water heating system ignites the electric heating element or the gas burners, depending on which is connected to the system, and what you use at home. After they are turned on, they absorb the energy, and heat the water in the pipe itself, and deliver you the hot water.
Now if you think that this process takes a long time, then this is not true, because this technology is made to work at a super-fast speed, and it works in seconds. Alongside this, they at least do not take even the tenth times of the time that other heaters use.
Simultaneously, the tankless water heater repair is easy, besides.
How To Buy A Tankless Water Heating System & Its Benefits?
It must be a long back when you bought the water heaters, but now as the technology has changed, there are many new things out in the market. So, what you have to do is:
- See the rating before you buy, because the higher the rating will be, the more energy efficient it will be.
- See the price but do not buy the cheaper one, because it’s of less cost. Buy the one which is reasonably priced and has the qualities.
- Buy a tankless water heating system that can heat the water from 40 degrees to 120, or can convert the water to your required degrees.
- Seeing the SIZE of the tankless water heating system is a must. Because an undersized or oversized may need more maintenance or repairs than general, this is so, because it would struggle all the time to meet the required demand, and can break down.
Unlimited hot water on-demand for multiple uses – As these tankless water heating systems are used for the water supply on-demand, they can produce water for as much time you need it, and for as many sources, you want it for.
Saves energy – It works, only when you need the water, and uses only that much energy, as much is required. So it saves 20-35% of the energy.
No heavy & bulky storage tanks – As their name suggests, they are tankless water heating systems, they do not need space for the storage tanks, they produce the hot water on-demand. No big ugly-bulky tank, less space occupied!
Their life is longer than you might think – There are different models available for tankless water heating systems. However, the minimum experience of any system is at least 12 years, and max to 20 or more years, depends on the maintenance, its usage, and the quality too.
They are inexpensive – They are already inexpensive when you buy them. And they are reasonable for more reasons too. More reasons include tankless water heater repair, and installation is not so expensive, they use less energy, and much more.
They increase the value of your house while re-selling – People while taking a re-sold home, would want maximum facilities. And as tankless water heating is a very new concept, everyone even after years would wish to have a house with sufficient necessary facilities, one of which includes hot water too. So, when you re-sell your house, this tankless water heating system will surely increase the price of our home.
How Often Does A Tankless Water Heating System Needs Service –
The tankless water requires maintenance once a year, mostly. But if you have hard water, or you have set the temperature at high, then it might require maintenance every six months or when needed. However, the tankless water heater repair is not so expensive, or a tough job. Furthermore, if a part of it gets damaged or breaks down, the whole system has not to be set in the garbage, but the replacement of the same can be done too, and the life of the system stays healthy.
About Tankless Water Heater Repair & Installation
The tankless water heater repair & installation are not so tough, and the process is easy and uncomplicated. As they are not so heavy, they can be carried easily and can be installed at the place without hustle.
- Different Types of Tankless Water Heating Systems & Its Benefits - April 16, 2020